Mission and Vision of the Business School
The mission of the Dr. Robert B. Pamplin, Jr. School of Business is to create a collaborative learning environment that develops our students’ knowledge of effective business practices, enhances their analytic and interpersonal skills, and enables them to be successful and ethical leaders in their communities and the changing world.
This mission challenges the Pamplin School of Business to provide students with:
- The opportunity to obtain a comprehensive understanding of business and sustainable business practices;
- The leadership skills needed to manage organizations – communication, problem-solving, teamwork, and utilization of technology;
- A series of professional development activities throughout the four years to provide self-insight and assessment of career expectations and opportunities;
- State-of-the-art curricula taught by highly motivated and concerned faculty who are on the leading edge of their disciplines; and
- An entrepreneurial mindset to recognize and seize opportunities.
The mission statement applies equally to both the undergraduate and graduate programs in the PSOB and directly supports the mission, goals, and objectives of the University with its emphasis on teaching, faith and service.
The Pamplin School of Business is one of five business schools in Oregon accredited by the Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).